Intimate, dreamy moments are something of a specialty here. All year long, our restaurants serve savory dishes and sweets you can’t find anywhere else. The parks and shores are uncrowded and scenic. Our boutique hotels and inns are welcoming and warm. The River Realm is truly a romantic escape for any special celebration with you and your loved one. During the winter, it’s extra cozy and sweet. We welcome you to join us to celebrate Valentine’s Day in the River Realm.
If you’re looking for a special gift for your sweetie, we have more than enough places to find something that truly speaks to their heart.
- Nauti Nell’s: Discover all sorts of books, glasses, candles, clocks, paintings, and even marine gear for your Valentine at this cute Deltaville gift shop.
- Weekends: Deck out your sweetie with Sperry Topsiders, Tommy Bahama shirts, Southern Tide skirts, and more from this Kilmarnock fashion mainstay.
- Burkes Fine Jewelers: Fine jewelry and the river meet at this Kilmarnock gem. Find diamond rings, sterling silver shell necklaces, and more for your Valentine.
- Ross’s Fine Jewelers: Ross’s in Kilmarnock carries an extensive collection of fine jewelry, watches, and gifts for any budget.
- River Birch Gifts: “Gift” is in the name of this Hartfield shop! Yeti tumblers, Lily Pulitzer dresses, quirky toys, chic decor, gorgeous handbags are just a few of the items you’ll find to give to your sweetie.
- The Rivah: Explore this Kilmarnock shop for rivah-inspired home decor, gifts, accessories, and women’s clothing.
- Papeterie: Top gifts like throw pillows with a detailed pop-up card at this Kilmarnock shop.
- Low Tide: Your Valentine deserves the best! Find designer resort fashions for men and women as well some nautical art for the home at this packed shop in Urbanna.
- Country Cottage: Can’t go wrong with chocolate and fresh flowers from this colorful little cottage in White Stone!
- Allure Art Center: This is one of many art galleries in the area that always has something new. Discover a painting, sculpture, or other work of art at this White Stone shop.
Scrumptious and intimate dinners await for your Valentine’s Day getaway. Savory seafood, homemade sweets, and other creative finds will fuel a decadent day of love for you and your cutie.
- The Halfshell Grill: Urbanna’s date night spot will offer a special Valentine menu including filet and lobster surf and turf, pan-seared rockfish, and bacon-wrapped scallops.
- Deltaville Tap & Raw Bar: This waterfront restaurant overlooking Broad Creek is ready for a romantic, adventurous, and filling Valentine’s Day meal.
- Something Different: Head to our favorite local barbecue spot for a hardy and flavor-packed Valentine’s Day meal. Enter to win a meal for two on Facebook until February 7 here.
- Where the Sidewalk Ends: This Urbanna farm-to-table eatery serves up breakfast sandwiches to kick off your day, beef sticks to fuel your adventures, and small-batch coffee they can roast on request.
- The Table At Wilton: This “made-from-scratch” restaurant in Deltaville, owned by Chef Helen Elizabeth Ward, offers a menu of delicious, home-style meals, and a special Valentine’s Menu for Curbside Pickup
We have a bit of adventure and a slice of calm depending on what you want from your romantic getaway on the shores of Virginia’s River Realm.
- Compass Entertainment Complex: Let loose with your loved one. Enjoy this state-of-the-art entertainment complex with a six-screen movie theatre, an arcade, an indoor adventure course, climbing walls, and a go-kart course. It’s nestled between Kilmarnock and Irvington.
- A Day at the Parks: Fresh air and long walks with no goals sounds pretty romantic to us. Belle Isle State Park, Kilmarnock Town Centre Park, Hughlett Point Natural Area Preserve, Holly Point Nature Park at Deltaville Maritime Museum, and Dameron Marsh Natural Area Preserve are just a few options here.
- Walk at the Marina: Nothing quite sets the mood like a dreamy saunter by the water. Snap a beautiful riverscape photo at one of our 22 local marinas such as Rappahannock River Yacht Club, Norton Yachts, Dozier’s Regatta Point Marina, and Deltaville Marina.
- River House Creations Art Class: Make something to remember your trip with your partner. Sign up for a class to create a stained glass knit hat, dog or a snowflake for only $45. Custom ideas are welcome, too, it’s fun and simple for anyone.
- Wine & Cherries Weekend: February 13-15, Good Luck Cellars and Hope & Glory Inn will be a part of the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail weekend. Wineries will serve up cherry treats to visitors all weekend for a sweet day-trip or weekend getaway.
- Chesapeake Inn: This Urbanna Inn is one of the most romantic in the River Realm. Each elegant suite includes a basket ofcoffee and cookies. Guests can bike around the small town of Urbanna on the Inn’s Surrey carriages built for two.
- Hope & Glory Inn: This River Realm staple in Irvington has a bar, spa, and restaurant in addition to several cottages and rooms in the main house you can make your own for the night. Take advantage of the Romantic Dinner package for a sweet deal.
- Kilmarnock Inn: Snuggle up after dinner and wake up to breakfast for two at this special spot. You won’t have to leave at all. The Inn is offering a Deluxe Package deal for a very River Realm Valentine’s Day experience. The $199 covers dinner for two, breakfast for two, and a room Friday, Saturday and Sunday night of Valentine’s Day weekend.
- Airbnbs + VRBOs: The River Realm is home to a wide variety of unique and cozy waterfront Airbnbs and VRBO homes and cottages. Some have fireplaces and others have private docks for your romantic getaway to the river.
Share your Romantic River Realm Adventures!
Sunsets, candlelit dinners, fireside snuggles, we want to see how you get away with your loved one here in the River Realm. Tag @virginiasriverrrealm in your photos and the local businesses you discovered on your most recent trip!