Virginia’s Northern Neck Kilmarnock, Irvington and White Stone have a rich presidential history. Eight Presidents were born in Virginia. Kilmarnock Inn honors this heritage with each of its eight guest cottages named for a Virginia born president.
The main house cottage, built in 1884 is named The Wilson House for our 28th President, Woodrow Wilson. The Wilson houses 3 guest rooms on the second floor. The first floor serves as our welcoming area, including three formal dining rooms, a bar area and a fully equipped kitchen.
Seven cottages surrounding a beautifully landscaped courtyard are named for the remaining Virginia born presidents.
- The Washington Cottage has our two largest guest suites; The Martha is on the ground floor and is our ADA accessible room, while the George is on the second floor with its own private entrance.
- The Jefferson Cottage consists of a large gathering room with its own kitchenette, large plasma screen TV, pool table, and spacious seating area. On the second floor are two suites, the Cavalier and the Red Fox.
- The Madison Cottage is Kilmarnock Inn’s Romantic Honeymoon Cottage with a stately four poster king size bed, electric fireplace, in room jacuzzi, two-seater shower in the private bath, and a spacious front porch.
- The Monroe Cottage, a plantation style home, has four guest rooms; the James and York rooms are on the first floor and the Rappahannock and Potomac are on the second floor. Both levels have a wide front porch overlooking the courtyard that is shared between the two rooms.
- The Harrison Cottage, similar to a townhouse, upstairs is The Berkley which has a lovely treetop deck off the second floor while the Tippecanoe is on the first floor with its own front porch both having private entrances.
- The Taylor and Tyler Cottages are both free standing rooms with their own front porches.
- The Tippecanoe, Taylor Cottage and Tyler Cottage are our pet friendly rooms.
Each room at Kilmarnock Inn has its own, private, in-room bathroom and each of Kilmarnock Inn’s cottages has a deck or patio overlooking the courtyard. The spacious deck off the Wilson House is a wonderful venue for dancing, dining, or relaxing; perfect for parties and events, grand or intimate.
Guests can also enjoy Kilmarnock Inn’s practice putting green; a fun diversion for professional golfers and duffers alike!
The Gardens offer fresh seasonal vegetables and herbs for guests to harvest for themselves. You’ll find some of the crop utilized in Kilmarnock Inn’s kitchen as well.
One of Virginia’s oldest pecan tree’s, at over 200 years old, stands proudly here on our beautiful grounds.
Kilmarnock Inn is just steps from Kilmarnock‘s quaint and picturesque Main Street. Stroll down Main Street for a variety of shopping and dining options.