Postponed! LaGrange Creek Work Boat Races
September 22 @ 6:30 pm - September 23 @ 5:00 pm
Urbanna Creek , Urbanna, VA 23175
We are welcoming all Chesapeake Bay Deadrise Workboats to gather at Remlik Marina on beautiful LaGrange Creek in Remlik, VA! We are so blessed to have had Christine & Jeff who run the Marina, invite us to their establishment! Along with the blessing of the owners of the property. This creek is rich in heritage and runs deep when it comes to Virginia’s seafood industry. On the bank of LaGrange creek once stood one of the largest oyster plants on the east coast! J.W. Ferguson Seafood Co, INC. Many workboats have traveled in and out of this beautiful place over the years. Many workboats have raced out of here to get to the grounds first. Many have raced in to offload first as well! So please come from far and near to join us for a great weekend of stories and fellowship. A weekend to gather with old friends and meet new ones. To celebrate our rich seafood heritage and the boats that make it all possible! And most importantly… “Bragging Rights!” Nothing has changed! Same dates. Same time. All workboats that are traveling are welcome to come Friday, September 22nd to get your place at the dock. Captains meeting will take place Friday evening and most likely Saturday morning for those who are just coming for Saturday. We ask that the workboats who plan on docking for the weekend show proof of insurance. This is a must and a requirement to tie to the docks. Those who cannot provide proof of insurance please don’t fret! You are welcome to anchor close to those docked and still use the marina’s facilities etc. please remember that proof of insurance is just for the docking aspect of this gathering! This year we are starting off small. Please have patience because next year we really plan on having a full scale event! And there’s some big news about next year as well! On Saturday evening we will have an awards ceremony. Please remember a few important things…
1. This is a come by water gathering.
2. Please while staying at the marina remember there are slip holders there too. No loud music etc after 10 p.m.
3. Leave the marina and creek as you found it!! CLEAN!!
4. For all who come to watch the workboats please plan on anchoring. There will be no drifting around.
5. Anyone who plans to come to the creek on Saturday must do so at your own risk! You are responsible for your boats and those on it. No different than any other day spent on the water. You must adhere to all State rules and regulations.
6. For all workboats that plan on staying at the marina. Please be prepared to depart at a reasonable time Sunday morning. Also, please help with any cleanup that needs to be done. Remlik Marina has been so kind to let us all stay. The least we can do is help make sure things are left clean!
7. All wooden and fiberglass deadrise workboats are welcome. Same goes for buyboats. But please remember that this is NOT an outboard skiff gathering. Sorry for the inconvenience. We just aren’t prepared for that at this time.
8. Anyone who refuses to adhere to the rules or causes any unwanted trouble will be asked to leave immediately and not welcomed back. Let’s all have a great and fun filled weekend celebrating these boats
FINALLY…. Please call or text (804) 366-2382 to register your workboat. We need to know who plans on attending and who plans on docking at the marina. There have already been some Captains who have reached out and we appreciate that. Pass the word that we need to know who’s coming. It’s hard to have plaques made and possibly shirts without knowing how many to make! Please send proof of insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org (this only applies to those who plan on docking)
Follow Along on Facebook!